The Operation: Military Kids (OMK) program will be
ending on March 31,2015.
For continued support, please be advised:
For Army National Guard Families: Get your youth involved with the State Child & Youth Program! Contact a Child & Youth Program Coordinator (or the State Family Program Director) near you to check out the program offerings and activities they can participate in visit: https://www.jointservicessupport.org/FP/Default.aspx and click on "Contact your local State Family Program Director, Airman & Family Readiness Program Manager, Family Readiness Support Assistant, Family Assistance Specialist or Child & Youth Program Coordinator" at the bottom of the page, then choose your state, for assistance in connecting with your Child & Youth Program Coordinator.
For Army Reserve Families: Get your youth involved with a Command Child, Youth, School Service Program! Contact a Command CYSS specialist near you to check out the program offerings and activities they can participate in go to http://www.arfp.org/cyss.php or Fort Family Support & Outreach Center at 1-866-345-8248 for assistance in connecting with CYSS specialist.
You may also visit the 4-H Military Partnership website at:http://www.4-hmilitarypartnerships.org
The goal of the South Dakota chapter of Operation Military Kids (OMK) is to support the children and youth who have a parent or parents who serve in the National Guard and Reserve. The South Dakota OMK state team has four main goals:
- To raise awareness of military kids,
- To build community capacity to deliver outreach services,
- To implement outreach support services, and
- To provide OMK Ready, Set, Go! Training to educators and outreach groups who will come into contact with military kids.
We would also like to recognize our OMK partners in South Dakota:
- U.S. Army Children and Youth Services (Active and Reserve Components) and Cooperative State Research Education and Extension Services (CSREES)
- 4-H * Boys & Girls Club of America (BGCA)
- Military Child Education Coalition (MCEC)
- The American Legion
- South Dakota Department of Education
Thank you for visiting our website. If you have any questions about our mission or would like to contribute to this unique program, please see the contact information below.