The Operation: Military Kids (OMK) program will be
ending on March 31,2015.
For continued support, please be advised:
For Army National Guard Families: Get your youth involved with the State Child & Youth Program! Contact a Child & Youth Program Coordinator (or the State Family Program Director) near you to check out the program offerings and activities they can participate in visit: https://www.jointservicessupport.org/FP/Default.aspx and click on "Contact your local State Family Program Director, Airman & Family Readiness Program Manager, Family Readiness Support Assistant, Family Assistance Specialist or Child & Youth Program Coordinator" at the bottom of the page, then choose your state, for assistance in connecting with your Child & Youth Program Coordinator.
For Army Reserve Families: Get your youth involved with a Command Child, Youth, School Service Program! Contact a Command CYSS specialist near you to check out the program offerings and activities they can participate in go to: http://www.arfp.org/cyss.php or Fort Family Support & Outreach Center at
1-866-345-8248 for assistance in connecting with CYSS specialist.
You may also visit the 4-H Military Partnership website at:
The New Jersey Operation: Military Kids State Team is honored to have served the military families of New Jersey for 10 years. Please stay in touch with us, and we hope to see you at other military support events!
For information on Operation: Military Kids in New Jersey, please contact:
Operation: Military Kids thanks the New Jersey kids that have been affected through recent troop deployment in service to our country. We are proud of YOU! And salute your sacrifice. Helping kids feel connected, active and supported are the goals of New Jersey Operation: Military Kids.
New Jersey Operation: Military Kids provides support for military kids through the following elements:
- Hero Packs
Hero Packs are given to military kids who have a loved one deployed to thank them for their service and courage. The packs are distributed at various events, including briefings, holiday parties and other youth activities.
- Speak Out for Military Kids (SOMK)
- SOMK is a speaker’s bureau where youth are given the opportunity to speak out about having a loved one deployed. Retreats are held throughout the year to train youth to speak out and to allow them to have fun with other military youth. SOMK participants are available to speak at various events, including school functions, scout meetings, Legion Conventions and more.
- Mobile Technology Lab (MTL)
- The MTL is a lab that travels the state and is available at events for military kids to stay connected to their deployed loved one. The MTL is can be used in a variety of ways, including to create Zoom Albums, SOMK presentations, greeting cards and more.
- Youth Activities
- OMK holds many youth activities throughout the year to provide support for military kids. You can find OMK holding day camps and workshops, as well as at FRG meetings, holiday parties and military family days. Activities may include using the MTL, making crafts, playing games, going fishing and a variety of other activities that allow kids to grow and learn.
- Ready, Set, Go! Training
- Professionals around the state go out to community groups, schools and conferences to help build awareness around the issues that military youth face. At these trainings participants learn about the deployment cycle, how kids are affected by deployment and ways that they can help support military youth.
The New Jersey Operation: Military Kids State Team includes partners from the Rutgers University, the National Guard and Family Assistance Centers, the American Legion, 4-H, Boys and Girls Clubs, the New Jersey Department of Education, and the Army Reserves. This team works together to provide support and resources throughout the state for military kids.