Welcome to the North Carolina 4-H Operation: Military Kids State Website
North Carolina 4-H provides quality education experiences for youth utilizing a network of volunteers, members and professional staff. Through expanded collaborations, NC OMK will:
- Continue to provide training programs to enable youth and adults to “Speak Out for Military Kids” and increase community awareness/understanding,
- Provide “Ready, Set, Go!” trainings to offer insight into military culture and deployment cycles and suggest ways to understand the needs, and
- Develop educational programs that will build support and extend networks to address the needs of geographically isolated military youth.
- North Carolina’s Operation: Military Kids program (NC OMK) works with military and non-military groups to develop a support network for families and youth of deployed soldiers impacted by the Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO).
Major initiatives for the project include:
- assembling and distributing Hero Packs to military youth;
- training youth advocates through the Speak Out for Military Kids Project;
- connecting children and youth with deployed soldiers through the Mobile Technology Lab (MTL), a suite of 15 laptop computers, DVD burners, digital and video cameras;
- building support for Military Families in all 100 NC counties North Carolina’s OMK partners include NC 4-H, Army Reserve, National Guard, Community in Schools, American Legion, American Legion Auxiliary, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, educators and other community organizations and individuals.