The purpose of the Kentucky Operation: Military Kids Program is to:
- Create community support networks for military youth in our own backyard when Soldier parents are deployed
- Deliver recreational, social, and educational programs for military youth living in civilian communities
- Support military kids coping with the stress of knowing their deployed parents may be in harms way
- Collaborate with schools to ensure that staff are attuned to the unique needs of military students
- Educate the public on the impact of the deployment cycle on Soldiers, families, kids, and the community as a whole
- Welcome military families to become a part of ongoing national, state, and local Partner Programs such as 4-H clubs, BGCA, the American Legion, etc. in the home communities.