If you’ve visited our site lately, you’ve probably noticed that we’ve been researching a ton about military discounts.
OMK got in touch with some of the largest restaurant chains in the US to find out if they have a military discount.
The criteria we used to filter down these restaurants were that they had at least 100 locations nationwide, or are very well-known.
Note that in many cases, chain restaurants in the U.S. are independently owned. Because of this, it’s usually up to the franchise owner whether or not they’ll offer a military discount.
While many such restaurants are contractually obligated to participate in nationwide promotions (such as free or discounted Veterans Day meals), most day-to-day discounts can vary from location to location.
So, check with your local franchise owners to verify their policies.
The below list is up to date as of June 2023, and we will update it every year.
Note: What is a ‘Valid Military ID’?
The most common valid military IDs that are accepted at these restaurants include:
- Uniform Services ID Card
- Common Access Card (CAC)
- Dependent ID Card
Some of these restaurants will accept other forms of military ID to get the military discount, such as a DD214 or Department of Defense Form 2. For separated (non-retired) service members, a VA healthcare card is also a valid form of ID.
But you can’t just show up with a picture of you in your Navy dress blues and expect that to count 🙂
Jump To A Section
Restaurants That Offer Military Discounts
- Applebees – The policy varies by location, but most offer a 10% military discount. Some offer up to 30% off on Military Mondays, so check with your local franchise.
- Auntie Annes – Depending on the location, you’ll receive 10-15% off with a military ID card. Check with the location near you.
- Backyard Burgers – You can get up to 20% off with your military ID, depending on the location.
- Baja Fresh – Baja Fresh locations are owned by individual franchisees, so although many offer a 10% discount for the military, the policy varies by location.
- Baskin-Robbins – Baskin-Robbins offers a 5% discount for active duty members and first responders (i.e., police officers, firemen, and EMTs).
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream – Offers a discount of 10-15% to military members and first responders, depending on location.
- Bennigans – Bennigans offers a 10% discount for active duty and retired military with a valid military ID.
- Bob Evans – Bob Evans restaurants offer 10% off for active duty and retired military with valid military ID.
- Bojangles – Bojangles offers a 10% discount for active duty and retired military with a valid military ID.
- Bonefish Grill – Bonefish offers a 10% discount to veterans, active duty, and first responders every day with a valid ID.
- Boston Market – Military members, either active duty or veteran, are entitled to a 20% discount on all items. A valid military ID is required.
- Bubba Gump Shrimp – 10% discount, Military ID required, cannot be combined with other offers. Available to active or retired military.
- Buffalo Wild Wings – Many locations offer a 10% military discount, but you’ll have to contact the franchise near you to be sure.
- Burger King – It may vary by location, but most BKs offer a 10% discount with a valid military ID.
- Carl’s Jr. (aka Hardees) – Some locations offer active and non-active duty military members a 10% off discount with a military ID.
- Carrabas – Offers a 10% discount for active duty and non-active duty military with military ID, excluding alcohol sales.
- Chuck E Cheese – Chuck E Cheese offers military food packages. Ask about their military specials when you arrive and show your ID.
- Cici’s – Cici’s Pizzas are franchises, but their corporate office says most of the locations offer a military discount. Check with your local Cici’s to be sure.
- Cinnabon – While not guaranteed, most Cinnabon locations offer a 15% discount with a valid ID.
- Cracker Barrel – Get 20-30% off the menu and items from their store with your military ID.
- Dairy Queen – DQ offers a military/first responder discount at some locations. You’ll need to check with the owner or manager.
- Dave & Busters – Dave & Busters offers a 10% military discount on food and non-alcoholic beverages and games at all locations with a valid military ID.
- Denny’s – Offers a 10% to 20% discount, depending on the location, for active duty and veteran military with valid military ID.
- Dunkin Donuts – Some locations offer a military discount, but it can vary from place to place.
- El Pollo Loco – Offers a 15% off military discount with valid military ID. Visit their official policy here.
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburger – Active Duty members of the military, including Reserves and Guard, receive a 15% discount on Mondays, with a valid military ID or when in uniform.
- Friendly’s – The discount varies by location, but they also offer free food items on Veterans Day.
- Fuddruckers – Active duty and veteran military are offered a discount at select locations, found here.
- Godfather’s Pizza – They offer up to 15% off as their military discount, but it depends on the location. Check with your local store.
- Golden Chick – They offer 10% off for active duty and retired military with a valid ID.
- Golden Corral – Golden Corral offers a 10% discount and free meals around Veterans Day.
- Hardees – Some locations offer active and non-active duty military members a 10% off discount with a military ID.
- Hooters – Active Duty and veteran military are offered a 20% discount for dine-in at select locations. A valid military ID or uniform is required.
- Houlihan’s – They offer a 10% discount every day, as well as a 50% discount on a selection of entrees on Veterans Day.
- Hwy 55 – Some locations offer a 15% military discount with proper ID.
- IHOP– Many locations offer a 20% military discount, at the location manager’s discretion.
- Jersey Mike’s – Military discounts of 10% to 20% are offered at some locations. Availability varies from franchise to franchise.
- Johnny Rockets – Offers a 10% – 25% (sometimes more) discount for military members, depending on the location.
- Logan’s Roadhouse – Active duty and veteran military are entitled to a 10% discount with a valid ID.
- Long John Silvers – At participating locations, get a 10% discount on your order, or 20% on Military Mondays with a valid ID.
- Longhorn Steakhouse – They offer a 10% discount for both active duty and veterans with a valid military ID. Some locations give 20% off on Military Mondays.
- The Melting Pot – Active Duty and veteran military members are entitled to 10% off year-round, along with first responders. A valid military ID is required.
- Noodles & Company – Offers a 10% discount to military and first responders with valid ID.
- O’Charleys – Most locations offer a 10% discount for active duty and veteran military with a valid form of ID.
- The Original Pancake House – Offers a 25% off service member discount for military, police, and first responders on Wednesdays.
- Pei Wei Asian Diner – Military personnel, police officers, and firefighters receive 15% off with applicable ID at participating locations. Not available at airport or campus locations, and the discount is only good for the ID holder’s meal.
- Pita Pit – 10% off to active duty and veteran military.
- Pizza Hut – Offers a 10% discount for active duty and veteran military with valid military ID.
- Pizza Ranch – Like most franchise restaurants, the availability of any military discount varies from owner to owner. Many offer a 10% discount, but you’ll have to contact your local franchise to verify.
- Popeye’s – Most locations offer a 20% discount to active duty and veteran military with valid military ID. No restrictions, and can be combined with other offers.
- Red Lobster – Offers a 10% discount every day of the week. The discount excludes alcohol, gift card purchases, taxes, and gratuity.
- Ruby Tuesday – You can get a 10% military discount at most Ruby Tuesdays located near a base. You’ll need to double-check the location by you to be sure.
- Shoney’s – Shoney’s offers a 15% discount for military members, as well as police officers and other first responders. This is at all company-owned locations and any franchise locations that participate, so check with your local Shoney’s to be sure.
- Sizzler – While Sizzler offers free food items on Veterans Day, any discount varies by location. So, check with your local Sizzler.
- Sonic Drive-In – Many locations offer a 10% discount to military and first responders with valid IDs. Confirm the discount with the location near you.
- Taco Cabana – 15% discount, Military ID required, cannot be combined with other offers.
- Texas Roadhouse – 10% Discount off of military member meal, not for family, Military ID required, cannot be combined with other offers, available to active or retired officers.
- Uno Pizzeria & Grill – 10% discount, Military ID required, cannot be combined with other offers, the discount is for the family as well, available to active or retired service members.
- Wendy’s – Doesn’t offer a discount at checkout but provides special discounts throughout the year through Veterans Advantage. Find out more here.
- Wetzel’s Pretzels – 10% discount, any military ID, cannot be combined with other specials, available to active or retired officers.
- Wienerschnitzel – 20% discount, anyone who has a military ID gets the discount, but it can’t be combined with other offers and may be limited to participating locations.
- Zaxby’s – This chain is made up of franchises, although most offer a 10% discount with a military ID. Check your nearby location to be sure.
- White Castle – While they don’t offer a regular discount, they do offer free menu items or combo meals on Veterans Day.
Related Article – Best Supplements for Belly Fat
Restaurants That Do NOT Offer A Military Discount
- Bahama Breeze
- Blimpie – While Blimpie doesn’t offer a military discount, they actually lowered the franchising fee for military veterans.
- Cheesecake Factory
- Chesters – Chesters is another franchise operation, so you’ll need to check with the location near you to see if they offer a military discount.
- Chick-Fil-A – This restaurant doesn’t have a corporate policy offering military discounts. Your local franchise may provide a discount with a valid ID.
- Chipotle – No everyday discount, but they usually offer a great BOGO Veterans Day special.
- Church’s Chicken
- Domino’s Pizza
- Five Guys
- In-N-Out Burger
- Jet’s Pizza – They don’t offer an everyday military discount, but they have been known to offer 50% off on Veterans Day.
- Jimmy Johns
- Joe’s Crab Shack – Does not offer a daily discount, but offers 15% off with a valid ID on Memorial Day and 20% off on Veterans Day.
- Krispy Kreme – Doesn’t offer a regular discount but does provide a free donut and coffee to veterans on Veterans Day.
- Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken
- Little Caesar’s – Does not have a daily discount policy but does offer a free lunch combo on Veterans Day and has a franchising program for honorably discharged vets.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill – All stores are owned by franchisees, so you’ll need to check with your nearby location.
- Olive Garden
- P.F. Changs
- Papa Gino’s
- Papa Johns’s
- Penn Station East Coast Subs
- Pizza Inn
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop
- Red Robin – Has a “military reward” program, but it’s unclear how it differs from the regular reward program.
- Rubio’s Coastal Grill
- Seasons 52
- Shake Shack
- Steak N’ Shake
- Taco Bell
- Taco John’s – No everyday discount available, but the company normally has a free meal deal on Veterans Day.
- Taco Time
- Tijuana Flats
- Tony Roma’s
- Waffle House
Related Article – Bass Pro Military Discount
Restaurants Where It’s Unclear If They Have A Discount
- A&W Restaurants – The A&W representative we contacted informed us that all A&W locations are independently owned. So, you’ll have to check with the owner or manager of the individual franchise location.
- Chili’s – The representative from Chili’s said they don’t have a corporate policy for military discounts, but that most locations offer one. The percentage will vary.
- Culvers – Some locations offer a military discount, but some do not. You’ll have to check with your local franchise to find out for sure.
- Fazolis – Some locations offer a discount on Veterans Day, but it varies. You’ll have to contact your local Fazolis to get the full details.
- Hard Rock Cafe – They actually offer 10% off at their hotels, but not at their cafes. Learn more here.
- Huddle House – They offer a discount, but the person OMK spoke with on the phone was unsure of what the discount is exactly. They have advertised free meals on Veterans Day for military members.
- Hungry Howie’s Pizza – Same as Huddle House. They offer a discount, but the person we spoke with was unsure of the exact amount.
- Jack In The Box – Things are a bit unclear with Jack in The Box. Some locations offer a discount and some don’t. Corporate isn’t very accessible to inquiry.
- Jack’s – Apparently some locations offer a discount, while others don’t. They’re very clear that they offer a discount to police and firefighters, however.
- Jamba Juice – Jamba Juice is another restaurant where some offer a military discount and others don’t. Contact the location nearest you for more details.
- KFC – Some locations offer a discount, while others don’t. Contact the KFC near you to find out more.
- McDonald’s – Almost every McDonald’s is franchised, so it’s up to the individual unit operator as to whether or not a discount can be applied.
- Panda Express – We tried getting in touch with Panda Express, but never received a callback.
- Papa Murphy’s Take N’ Bake Pizza The representative from Papa Murphy’s we contacted stated that all locations are independently owned. You’ll need to check with your local franchise to see if there’s a military discount available in the store.
- Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers – Unfortunately, we couldn’t get in touch with Raising Cane’s directly. With that said, we did a bit of research and found that they do in fact offer a 10% military discount.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House – No corporate policy available, but many reviewers and users say that they’ve received discounts or discounted dinner packages with a military ID. It couldn’t hurt to ask if you’re dining there.
- Subway – Like most fast food chains, Subway’s military discount policy depends on the franchise owner at your location.
- TGI Fridays – The representative from TGI stated that any military discounts are up to the manager’s discretion. So, you’ll need to contact your local Fridays to see if the military discount is applicable.
Did we miss a restaurant with a military discount? Leave it in the comments section below!
- Pure Rawz Review: Legit Peptides & SARMS Or Fraud? - November 26, 2023
- American Flag With Circle Of Stars (Betsy Ross) Explained - November 23, 2023
- 20 Best Military War Movies Of All-Time - November 22, 2023