Wisconsin Operation: Military Kids is proud to serve our state youth in all military branches who have been affected by deployment in service to our country. We know that each and every one of you are special, and we salute your sacrifice! We feel privileged to work with you and want to help you feel connected, active, and supported during this challenging time in your life. You are our heroes!
|Wisconsin Operation: Military Kids provides support for military kids through the following elements:
- Hero Packs
- Hero Packs are given to military kids who have a loved one deployed to thank them for their service and courage. The packs are distributed at various events including FRG and deployment meetings.
- Speak Out for Military Kids (SOMK)
- SOMK is a speaker’s bureau where youth are given the opportunity to speak out about having a loved one deployed or their experiences in working with military youth as part of Operation Military Kids. Training sessions are held to teach youth to share their stories and have fun with other military and 4-H youth.
- Mobile Technology Lab (MTL)
- The MTL is available at events for military kids to stay connected to their deployed loved ones. The MTL can be used in a variety of ways, including the creation of greeting cards, digital pictures, and video messages.
o Wisconsin Operation Military Kids is cooperating with the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction and the Wisconsin School Board Association to provide a support network for military children in their local schools.
- Participation in 4-H activities
- Military youth are invited to join 4-H in the communities in which you live. 4-H activities include club meetings; educational workshops, camps, and conferences; opportunities to interact with other youth; and the chance to complete a variety of projects of interest to you. Wisconsin 4-H is a branch of the University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension Service. To contact the local Extension Office in your county, visit: https://www.uwex.edu/ces/cty/.
- Participation in OMK County-Sponsored Events
- OMK holds youth activities throughout the year to provide support for military kids. Typically these are organized by the FRG’s in conjunction with OMK team members. Activities may include using the MTL, making crafts, playing games, and a variety of other activities that allow kids to grow and learn.
The Wisconsin Operation: Military Kids State Team includes partners from University of Wisconsin-Extension, the National Guard and Reserves, Fort McCoy, Wisconsin School Board Association, American Legion, Veterans of Foreign War, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, and Army Child and Youth Services. This team works together to provide support and resources throughout the state for military kids.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products I have personally vetted. Learn more