Operation: Military Kids
thanks the New Jersey kids that have been affected through recent troop
deployment in service to our country. We are proud of YOU! And salute
your sacrifice. Helping kids feel connected, active and supported are
the goals of New Jersey Operation: Military Kids.
New Jersey Operation: Military Kids provides support for military kids through the following elements:
- Hero Packs
- Hero Packs are given to military kids who have a loved one deployed to thank them for their service and courage. The packs are distributed at various events, including briefings, holiday parties and other youth activities.
- Speak Out for Military Kids (SOMK)
- SOMK is a speaker’s bureau where youth are given the opportunity to speak out about having a loved one deployed. Retreats are held throughout the year to train youth to speak out and to allow them to have fun with other military youth. SOMK participants are available to speak at various events, including school functions, scout meetings, Legion Conventions and more.
- Mobile Technology Lab (MTL)
- The MTL is a lab that travels the state and is available at events for military kids to stay connected to their deployed loved one. The MTL is can be used in a variety of ways, including to create Zoom Albums, SOMK presentations, greeting cards and more.
- Youth Activities
- OMK holds many youth activities throughout the year to provide support for military kids. You can find OMK holding day camps and workshops, as well as at FRG meetings, holiday parties and military family days. Activities may include using the MTL, making crafts, playing games, going fishing and a variety of other activities that allow kids to grow and learn.
- Ready, Set, Go! Training
- Professionals around the state go out to community groups, schools and conferences to help build awareness around the issues that military youth face. At these trainings participants learn about the deployment cycle, how kids are affected by deployment and ways that they can help support military youth.