Welcome to OMK
For the State of Hawaii
OPERATION: MILITARY KIDS ~ OMK ~ focuses on creating state and local community support networks for military youths when military family members deploy. Our goal is to build relationships of support for our military Ohana, Guard, Reserve and Active Duty.
Here in Hawaii we have a large and diverse military population who live, dispersed, on all islands, who are members of the National Guard, Air Guard, the Reserves, and all branches of the active duty military.
OMK is a partnership of Army Child, Youth and School Services, National 4-H Headquarters/USDA, and University of Hawaii Cooperative Extension Services. Operation: Military Kids – Hawaii is supported by the 4-H/Army Youth Development Project under Kansas State University special project number 2007-48661-03868.
OMK partners with state, community and military resources to connect children and youth and their families with helpful people and organizations in their hometown.
OMK strives to deliver a wide range of available recreational, social and education programs for this “new to the military” youth living in the civilian communities where traditional military support facilities are not located.
OMK Core Programs
- Hero Packs
- Speak Out for Military Kids (SOMK)
- Mobile Tech Lab (MTL)
- Educational Programs
- Babysitting Classes
- Ready, Set, Go! Trainings (RSG!)
OUR NATIONAL PARTNERS INCLUDE:
- Boys & Girls Club of America
- Military Child Education Coalition (MCEC)
- Veterans Service Organizations – American Legion
- National Assn of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies (NACCRRA)
- US Army Child, Youth and School Services (CYSS)
ADDITIONAL PARTNERS IN HAWAII INCLUDE:
- The Department of Education
- The YMCA of Honolulu
- Joint Service Family Support Network
- Kama’aina Kids
- Girl Scouts of Hawaii
- Representatives from each branch of the military