There are a total of nine active military bases or installations in Missouri. Because the state borders the Mississippi River, it is able to support Navy and Coast Guard stations, meaning that all five branches of the US Military have at least one base in the state.
Army Bases In Missouri
Belton Army Reserve Center
Location: Belton, MO
In Use: 2013-Present
Overall Mission: Belton Army Reserve Center is one of the newest bases in the country, having opened in 2013.
It is primarily a training facility for the Army National Guard and other reserve units.
- 483rd Engineer Platoon
- 88th Readiness Division
- 89th Sustainment Brigade
- 308th Psychological Operations Company
- 378th 3rd Battalion
- 383th Military Intelligence Battalion
- 418th Civil Affairs Battalion
- 603rd Military Police Company
- 9th Battalion, U.S. Army Reserve
Official Site: https://www.usar.army.mil/
Fort Leonard Wood
Location: St. Robert, MO
In Use: 1940-Present
Overall Mission: Fort Leonard Wood is a US Army training facility.
It is the current location for the U.S. Army Maneuver Support Center of Excellence, which trains the Military Police and US Army Chemical Corps, among others.
- U.S. Army Engineer School
- U.S. Army CBRN School
- U.S. Army Military Police School
- 102nd Training Division
- MSCoE Noncommissioned Officer’s Academy
- 43rd Adjutant General Reception Battalion
- 399th Army Band
- 5th Engineer Battalion
- 58th Transportation Battalion
- 368th Training Squadron, USAF
- Marine Corp Detachment, Fort Leonard Wood
Official Site: https://home.army.mil/wood/index.php
Missouri Army National Guard Base
Location: Jefferson City, MO
In Use: 1808-Present
Overall Mission: The Army National Guard Base in Jefferson City is the head office of the Missouri National Guard.
The Missouri National Guard has most recently participated in peace-keeping exercises and supported law enforcement during recent demonstrations.
- Missouri Joint Force Headquarters
- 35th Military Police Brigade
- 70th Troop Command
Official Site: https://www.moguard.ngb.mil/
Related Article – Military Bases In California
Navy Bases In Missouri
Navy Operational Support Center – St. Louis
Location: St Louis, MO
In Use: 1941-Present
Overall Mission: The Naval Base in St Louis operates as a Navy Operational Support Center, which provides administrative support and housing for Navy Operations in the area.
It is also the official base for the Missouri Naval Reserves.
Apart from administrative staff, only a small number of US Marines are stationed on the base.
- 3rd Battalion, 23rd Marine Regiment
Official Site: N/A
Air Force Bases In Missouri
Jefferson Barracks Air Guard Station
Location: St Louis, MO
In Use: 1826-Present
Overall Mission: The Jefferson Barracks have existed as a military installation in some form since 1826.
It was turned over to the Air Force in 1946 and later became an Air National Guard base.
It is currently a major site for Space Command Readiness.
- 157th Air Operations Group
- 231st Civil Engineer Flight
- 239 Combat Communications Squadron
Official Site: https://www.131bw.ang.af.mil/
Rosecrans Air National Guard Base
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
In Use: 1940-Present
Overall Mission: The Air National Guard operates on a small portion of the Rosecrans Memorial Airport.
It is a training facility for airlift operations for the Air National Guard, and other airborne elements of the US Military.
- 139th Airlift Wing
- 180th Airlift Squadron
- 241st Air Traffic Control Squadron
- Advanced Airlift Tactics Training Center (AATTC)
- C-130H Weapons Instructor Course
Official Site: https://www.139aw.ang.af.mil/
Related Article – Military Bases In Maryland
Whiteman Air Force Base
Location: Knob Noster, MO
In Use: 1942-Present
Overall Mission: Whiteman AFB has at various times been both an airfield and a missile base.
It is currently the home of the B2 Spirit bomber wing.
Elements of the Air National Guard, Navy Reserves, and Army National Guard are also stationed on the base.
- 509th Bomb Wing
- 131st Bomb Wing (ANG)
- 442nd Fighter Wing (USAF Reserves)
- 1-135th Assault Helicopter Battalion (US Army)
- Training Support Squadron, Det. 12
- 72nd Test and Evaluation Squadron
- 325th Weapons Squadron
- Air Force Office of Special Investigations, Det. 811
Official Site: https://www.whiteman.af.mil/
Marine Corps Bases In Missouri
Marine Corps Reserve Training
Location: Springfield, MO
In Use: 1967-Present
Overall Mission: The Marine Corps Reserve Training base in Springfield is responsible for training both reserve and active duty Marine personnel.
It is host to several Marine Divisions and is home to most of the Marine units stationed in Missouri.
- 4th Marine Division
- 14th Marine Regiment
- 23d Marine Regiment
- 25th Marine Regiment
- 4th Assault Amphibian Battalion
- 4th Combat Engineer Battalion
- 4th Light Armored Reconnaissance Bn
- 4th Reconnaissance Battalion
- 3d Force Reconnaissance Company
Related Article – Military Bases In Hawaii
Coast Guard Bases In Missouri
USCG Station St. Louis, MO
Location: St. Louis, MO
In Use: 1964-Present
Overall Mission: USCG Station in St Louis is the headquarters for Coast Guard operations along much of the Mississippi.
It has a total of five rapid-response boats that operate up and down the river.
- GHRP 2, CJC 1295, Ipamorelin, & Sermorelin: Dosage For Each - September 20, 2023
- TB500, IGF-1 LR3, Melanotan 2: Dosage For Each - September 18, 2023
- TPU Army Meaning In 2023: 4 Things To Know - September 15, 2023