AAA is best known for their roadside assistance program, though they provide many additional benefits to their members as well.
Some of their locations within the United States provide a military discount to give back to those who serve.
Related Article – Safelite Military Discount
AAA is business that offers a membership program for a variety of services to drivers across the United States.
They’ve been in business for over 100 years.
Today, AAA services include roadside assistance for drivers who break down, get a flat tire, run out of gas, etc.
Even bicycles are covered under this program.
They offer support during travel, such as travel agents and trip interruption expense reimbursement.
They also offer insurance on cars, homes, boats, motorcycles, and more.
They offer access to discounts and deals for stores, restaurants, attractions, and prescription medications.
They even work with banks and lenders to help you get loans at the lowest possible rates.
They are truly a company that sets out to make your life easier, through both insurance and finances.
What Is The Official AAA Military Discount?
AAA does not have a corporate-wide military discount.
This means that any military discounts that are available are set by the individual location.
Some locations offer military deals, and some do not.
All of the deals also vary from location to location, so there’s no straight percentage-off deal we can share with you.
To get the details on the military discounts available in your area, you will need to contact your local AAA directly.
You can find an office locator here.
Related Article: Bass Pro Shop Military Discount
However, OMK did reach out to many AAA locations across the country to help provide you with an idea of the military deals you could run into at your local AAA office.
We will share everything we found below:
AAA Offices That Do Offer A Military Discount
Below are the links to three AAA military discounts, as well as a summary of what they offer to those who serve.
1.) Kansas (Click here for more information)
- First Year Discounts: $50 off a Classic Primary membership, 1 extra family member added to the plan for free, a waived enrollment fee, and an additional $5 off with auto renewal
- Following Years Deal: 10% off any membership for the account holder and all family members, a gift card worth up to $300 when you sign up for specific travel services, 20% at the AAA store, and a personalized AAA military ID card
3.) Miami Valley, Ohio (Click here for more information)
- Identical discounts to the Kansas deal shown above
4.) Minneapolis (Click here for more information)
- New Primary Members Receive: $21 off the Basic plan, $23 off the Premier plan, and $25 off the Plus plan
- Members Renewing Primary Membership Receive: $6 off the Basic plan, $9 off the Premier and Plus plans
- Associate Members Receive: $3 off any plan
*You need to type in a local zip code to view the AAA military discount pages that are linked to above. If you would like to view the page of an area you do not currently live in, use these zip codes:
Miami Valley: 45308
*If you’re AAA page is only showing one zip code’s information while trying to look at other discounts, click here and type in the zip code of the location you’d like to view.
AAA Offices That Do Not Offer A Military Discount
AAA Offices That Are Currently Working On Implementing A Military Deal
- Colorado (If you contact them in the meantime, customer service may offer you some type of savings while you wait for the deal to become available)
Related Article – Discount Tire Military Discount
Who Can Claim This Deal?
Most AAA military discounts are available to all military members, both past and present.
This includes members of the Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard, who serve in Active Duty, Reserve, or National Guard roles.
It is also typically available to veterans and retired service members.
Some deals may extend to military family members as well.
You’ll need to check with your local AAA to make sure you’re eligible to use their specific deal.
What Are The Restrictions?
The main restriction that you will need to keep in mind when using this deal is that it is not available (or the same) at all locations, as we mentioned earlier.
Since all of the locations are different, restrictions may vary.
Some restrictions at various locations include:
- Online only sign ups
- The need to sign up through ID.me
- No other deals or promotions can be used with the military discount
This is not a complete list and these restrictions may not be in place at every AAA office, but it’s a good idea of what types of restrictions you can expect when you go to use the AAA military discount.
You will always need to check with your location to figure out which restrictions they have on the deal.
Related Article – Jiffy Lube Military Discount
Overall, it is unfortunate that all AAA locations do not have a military discount.
However, if you live within the boundaries of one of the locations that does offer this deal, it’s a great way to save on a membership.
If you are in need of roadside assistance, insurance, or simply want a membership that lets you save in a wide variety of ways, be sure to check with your local AAA to see if you’ll be able to take advantage of a military deal.
- 10 Best Tactical Vests - May 9, 2021
- 10 Best Tactical Seat Covers For Cars, Trucks, & Jeeps - May 9, 2021
- Did Pepsi Really Have A Navy? - May 8, 2021