Honda is one of the largest automobile producers in the world, and the largest motorcycle manufacturer.
The manufacturer is known for its internal combustion engines with over 14 million produced each year.
Can you get a Honda military discount when shopping for a new motorcycle, automobile, or power equipment?
Despite being a Japanese company, Honda does have a military discount exclusive to members of the U.S. Armed Forces.
Honda Military Discount – Easy Way to Save Big!
We are happy to tell you that the Honda military discount is very straightforward and easy to receive.
It’s a stark contrast from other corporations that sometimes make it confusing or troublesome just to get some money off the final purchase price.
The Honda Military Appreciation Offer hooks you up with $500 towards a 2018 or newer Honda vehicle. Furthermore, the offer can get combined with other special promotions (minus Zero Due at Lease program) currently running through Honda.
The only stipulation is that you must finance or lease the vehicle through Honda Financial Services.
Once you are applied for a new car loan or lease, Honda will deposit $500 toward the down payment.
Honda salutes all branches of the U.S. Military.
Therefore, the Honda military discount is available to active-duty military, reservists and retirees, as well as veterans.* Honda honors members of the Air Force, Navy, Army, Marines, National Guard, and Coast Guard.
Furthermore, the Honda military discount is available to spouses of military.
*Honda will grant the special offer to military veterans and their spouses within one year of separation from active duty.
Related Article – Autozone Military Discount: An “Unofficial” Veterans Discount
How Do I Get $500 from Honda for a Down Payment?
It is not difficult at all to receive $500 toward your down payment of a 2018, or newer Honda vehicle:
- Step 1: Shop for new or slightly used vehicles at Automobiles.Honda.com. Keep in mind that in order to get approved for $500 off you need to finance or lease a 2018 or newer model. You can also visit a local dealership to shop new rides.
- Step 2: Get a quote from Honda to find out exactly how much you’ll pay for a new car loan or lease. You must go through Honda Financial Services in order to receive the $500 down payment.
- Step 3: Verify military status. Honda provides the military discount to active duty, retired members, and spouses. Yet you need to confirm you are or previously served in the U.S. Military.
- Step 4: Finish getting qualified for a new car loan or lease. Then, take off in your brand new ride with $500 from Honda toward the down payment!*
What is unusual about the Honda military discount is the company allows you to combine the $500 down payment promotion with other special offers.
The only exception is the Zero Due at Lease program, which is not applicable with the military discount.
*$500 is applied toward the down payment if you decide to buy the new vehicle. Meanwhile, the $500 will go toward the total cap cost of the automobile if you opt to lease.
Related Article – GM Military Discount: Save $1,000’s On Chevy, GMC, Cadillac, and Buick
Steps to Prove Military Status & Credit Approval
Honda has two simple ways to prove your military status:
- If you are active duty you can provide Honda with a Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) as proof of military status. Retirees and veterans will probably need something else like a DD Form 214.
- Spouses can provide a military ID or spouse LES for verification.
Veterans that present a DD Form 214 need to remain mindful that Honda will only honor the military discount if you are less than a year removed from service.
Unfortunately, Honda does not extend its military discount past a year for veterans or their spouses.
Also, please note the offer is only valid as long as your credit is approved for a new car loan or lease. Standard procedures apply.
Here are a couple of questions related to the Honda military discount:
Related Article – 4 Wheel Parts Military Discount: 5%? 10%? We’re Not Sure, Yet
How does the Honda military discount compare to General Motors and Ford?
Ford also will give you up to $500 off your next automobile. The discount also applies to Lincoln, which is owned by Ford.
Consumers get a Military Appreciation Bonus Cash certificate in their email inbox that they can use toward an eligible purchase.
General Motors offers eligible service members and spouses a price that is less than MSRP. The exact amount of savings depends on the make and model of the GM car or truck. The special offer is available to active duty, reservists, veterans, National Guard, and retirees.
Are there restrictions for veterans seeking the discount?
Yes. The official policy states that veterans (and spouses) can only receive the Honda military discount within the first year of separation from the military.
So try to take advantage of it before it expires!
Related Article: Bass Pro Shop Military Discount
Honda will give you $500 toward a down payment for a 2018 or newer vehicle. You will need to apply for a loan or lease through Honda Financial Services.
The military discount can get applied with other special deals or promotions through Honda, so there are opportunities to save even more!
- F-35 vs. Su-57: 8 Big Differences Between The Lightning II & Felon - December 2, 2022
- 9 Best Handguns For Women In 2022 - November 30, 2022
- 3 Army General Orders Explained - November 28, 2022