The Maryland Operation: Military Kids program provides support to geographically dispersed military youth that are affected by the global war on terrorism. With community partners and statewide volunteers, the program strives to build infrastructure and sustainable programs for reserve, guard and off base military families.
Statewide partners of the Maryland, Operation: Military Kids Program include Maryland National Guard Family Readiness Program. Partners of the Maryland, “OMK” State team come together to coordinate local and statewide events, resources, and community donations.
Program Components of Maryland Are:
- Integrating active-duty and guard/reserve youth into local youth programs, with an emphasis on the 4-H youth development program.
- Developing the Speak Out for Military Kids (SOMK), Speaker’s Bureau while allowing individual groups to select an area of interest.
- Supporting the Hero Pack Initiative and inviting community organizations to take part in this service effort.
- Connecting military families through the Mobile Technology Lab
- Providing Ready Set Go (RSG) Trainings to educate citizens about the issues faced by military families and create support networks.
- Establishing ongoing statewide events that will engage youth and teens annually.
- Developing Scholarships to provided for military youth with the opportunity to attend events.
- Providing technology base workshops and trainings that will foster community service projects in support of our military families.
- Providing camp opportunities for military kids.
Teens, are you interested in becoming advocates for military families? Parents are you searching for military related youth activities? Program directors would you like to join an effort that makes a difference? If so, please view the contact information listed below.
Check Out Some Of Our Other Great OMK Content Below:Learn more.